Tietz Video and Image Processing Systems is a major manufacturer of cameras and software for electron microscopes. In addition to our own engineers based in the Gauting (near Munich) office, we also have trained engineers based in North America and the Far East. At our Gauting office, we are able to show our potential customers the range of cameras and to carry out live demonstrations on our own Tecnai 12 and JEM-2010. The major markets are Europe, USA, and the Far East. Systems have also been installed in Australasia, Africa and the Middle East.
Open positions at TVIPS
Sales and Support Engineer in Japan
This position will be located in Japan and provides service for TVIPS advanced scientific TEM camera systems and software support at the customer site in Japan and surrounding regions, including installation, maintenance, repair, and sales support.
- Requires a degree in physics, engineering, materials science, biology, or a related subject & strong TEM experience for various life & physical science applications.
- Fluent in spoken and written English (business level).
- Fluent in spoken and written Japanese (business level).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Familiarity of standard vacuum practice, electronics and MS Windows is a plus.
- Understanding of computer networking is beneficial.
- Experience with TEM camera technology, digital imaging & electron tomography is beneficial.
- Needs to take initiative & work independently, with a focus on results, quality & customer service.
- Good organizational habits and outstanding attention to detail are essential.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time, in Japan & to nearby regions in Asia.
- Must be able to pass government background checks in order to be admitted to some customer facilities.
- An extensive training (1-6 month) at the TVIPS headquarter in Munich, Germany is planned as start into this new job.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for full customer support of TVIPS products.
- Schedule and perform maintenance on TEM camera systems and software at customer locations.
- Evaluate, diagnose, and repair malfunctioning camera and PC systems in response to service calls.
- With time, needs to develop an acute knowledge of TVIPS products. Required to participate in sales calls & trade shows. Performs advanced product demonstrations as necessary. Responsible for full customer field support, including independent installation, on-site customer training, telephone/email support & hardware as well as software troubleshooting of new & existing products. Responsible for ensuring that products meet operating specifications, performing documented service & managing scheduling & logistics.
If you are interested please contact:
Mr. Hans Tietz
Phone: +49 89 850 65 67